Thursday, May 1, 2014

Accordion and Chandan Lomzel - THT


Till  date, he has composed about 200 songs for Nepali and Darjeeling
artistes contributing to 50 albums. Narayan Gopal is one of them. Gopal
has sung Lomzel’s Mera Sabai Raat Aba Maat Bhae in 1987 which was
recorded in LP.

“It is like a poor man winning a lottery. I was a junior composer
and he was the Swor Samrat. What could have been more inspiring for me!”
 he exclaims. Gopal had practised other songs too but then he got sick.
“I had gone to meet him. He asked me to play some of my compositions.
During dinner, he expressed that he would sing some of my compositions. I
 couldn’t believe it and I had to pinch myself. I also cried. I don’t
remember what I ate at that dinner.”

Lomzel, who believes in good lyrics, is obliged to people like
Norden Rumba who provided lyrics for him to tune them. The lyrics
written by Rumba was liked by Gopal and thus chose to sing the songs.  -

 See more at:


http://www.thehimalayantimes.com/fullNews.php?headline=Accordion+and+him&NewsID=389963

No comments:

Post a Comment